Sunday, August 16, 2009

Paradise? Or....Well I Dont Know But It Is Something...

well i made it...to paradise or hell...it is just a matter of how you wanna look at it...now for those of you who are gonna actually Read this dont get me wrong i am very appreciative of the opportunity afforded me here...and yes i do realize the chance i have here...and i am motivated like never before...the hell part i guess is coming back to a place where you thought you would never live again...

i guess that is the last shred of pride tring to rear its head again...not to worry though it has been beaten down so badly it might take years for it to come back...it is nice to see him try though....

now for the jest of this posting the "TRIP" or "THE RIDE"....well let start off with saying the the greyhound bus company is not fat man approved...i have no idea how i managed to do that 27hr to trip without killing someone or myself...it all started in portland or...we all know how well that went for me..recap..(moved there jobless homeless kicked out of airport and so on)...so i get to the bus station at noon wanting to check in get my ticket and check my luggage...then i was gonna go get some food for the trip and play on computer until time to go...so in other words i was gonna walk around port one last time...so i walk up to ticket counter bags in tow get my will call ticket...everything is great until this point in the trip...this is when i have first in counter with a greyhound employee...i will use her name since she is a soulless wretch that has no people skills...LISA...to tell you the truth i was kinda attracted to her...anyway she proceeds to tell me that one bag is free on gh and all others are an additional $10...well shit no money i did the only thing possible i put everything in my laundry bag...

the next little nugget is where the wheels started falling off for the trip...she gives me my ticket and bag check claim ticket then she tore a hole in my whole day...you need to keep your bag with you until the bus comes...what?...with me no i am going cruising around port for one last time...no your not...so there i sat...for what seemed like an eternity well really 6 hrs...what the fuck...at least i had pres obama to keep me company..oh joy...but that is for another time and blog...

so i get on the bus for my first leg to sac...let me say that karma was working overtime to remind how powerful she is...first with the 12 hr ride...with the full bus...then with the seat size...enough said on seat size or lack there of...then with the fuckin looney bin lady sitting next me...enough said on that...

we made it sacramento...it is 8am and i am scrambling for my bag then to get in line to get on the next bus...yes that is right the bag is not transferred automatically and yes you have to wait in line to get on the next bus...there i am working on no sleep for 24hrs struggling to realise how my life has gotten away from me...i get on the bus to la...leg #2...this is only an 8 hr jaunt...so i load up on the bus i sit in the front row...well that last for hum....3 min....thee fucking driver told me to move then he went so far as to find my seat for me...

whew we make it to los angeles...man i am becoming a pro at this bus thing...there one high light on this leg though...LITTLE BEAU PETIE a maui roller girl...yes i met a real life roller derby girl from maui...she was definitely cool and not what you would expect...now back to leg 3 of my epic journey...in line i got my bag and i am ready to go...4:30 comes around we load up i think everything might be turning my way...the is loaded and not full wahoo...i do notice something though and that is that i am the only one on the bus who speaks english and not spanish...hummmm. i wonder what this means...i dont care at this point i have 2 seat to myself and 7hrs to phx...

life is good right now...so i close my eyes for a minute only to open them to the site of us i mean the bus pulling into a shopping mall parking lot...why...well lets see we did not have enough mexicans aboard the bus...so sit through this 4 more times...there goes my 2 seats...but at least some fat lady came aboard sell tamales...the little old lady across from me bought some and gave me one...so now we are full to the rim with well you know and we are finally on the highway...there something pretty cool about this bus it has tvs...wahoo a movie...man this will make the time fly...so the movie starts,,it is meteor man...you guessed it it is in spanish, but wait there is some relief there is subtitles...no wait those are in spanish too...yes that is right i am on a bus loaded with mexicans coming to phx from la watching a movie dubbed in spanish with spanish subtitles...

karma does have a since of humor huh? well we made it and it is getting late so i am going to get going now...on the personal note...sugar you are in my prayers...and yes i am serious if you need me i will be there for you...that was a very long 2days not being able to talk to you...i really missed it...

for me i think it is gonna be paradise...cant be worse than leg #3 of my trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment